Visitors

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Summer is coming to an end

and I cannot be happier! It has been hot, humid and oh my gosh!! The mosquitoes have been horrid! I get swarmed everytime I go out the front door. There is little air movement on that side of the house.

Those little buggers have even started coming around on the lake side. Usually it is too windy for them but nope.. no wind. Like I said, it has been hot and humid, so sticky outside. ewwwwwww.... I'm ready for nice crisp Fall air.

Rod has been in my thoughts, it just cannot be true that he is gone. We had so many good times together and I have great memories.

Last Christmas he told Donna not to buy Russ's Christmas present ~ he was going to buy it himself. For Rod to shop means he knows what he is going after. He isn't going out "just looking" for something to buy. He bought Russ a pair of high powered binnoculars because everytime he visited, he said the old ones we have here of Momma's weren't powerful enough.

I snapped the picture below last Summer. It is one of my favorite pictures of all times. Just looking at it makes me think of good times together at the lake.



So Rodney... Russ has been keeping his binnoculars up, we sure do miss you.

No comments: