Visitors

Thursday, August 7, 2008

hockey sticks and feeling free

I swear.. I never know what will come out of Eastin's mouth.

We were riding around, talking about anything and everything, nothing particular and out of the blue she said.. "and why in the world did you name me after a hockey stick anyway????" ummmmmmmm....



Jon.. it was all your fault! If you had never left your hockey stick at Aunt Betty's... she would have a different name. I personally love her name and thought it was unique. Come to my astonishment, there are 2 boys at her school with the same name! Darn hockey sticks were popular, 'eh???

I also wanted to name her Ray but spelled Rhae ... like the sun's rays ~ but I love the sound and smell of rain, so I played a little with the two words and her middle name was created... Rhayne (pronounced rain)... so.. she is named after a hockey stick, the sun's rays and rain. pfttttttttttttt.... what can I say?? It was just so funny for her to, out of the blue, ask my why she had to be named after a hockey stick. baha ha ha.. I really didn't remember telling her about Jon's hockey stick.


Then we went shopping today, I made her spend HER allowance money. After she bought a pair of earrings that I would have never bought her because personally I think they are two "dang-e-ly" for her.. we get back into the car and she says.. "I love shopping, it makes me feel free"

You know what??? I love petting my pretty fabrics, it makes me feel "free".. I have never thought about it that way but I know exactly what she means. What else makes me feel free??


listening to birds chirp, watching the sun set, eating figs straight from the tree oh, the smell and taste of muscadines in the woods on a vine and this yummy new lotion I found by Naked Bee ~ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
if you have never smelled it, you've gotta!
what makes you feel as-a-8-year-old-puts-it "free"?














1 comment:

janae said...

Eastin sounds like such a fun girl! I bet you are really enjoying her. It makes me feel alive when I can lay down with my baby and actually fall asleep.