Visitors

Monday, August 2, 2010

Where do other people find vintage chenille??


I see sellers on eBay that have many vintage chenille bedspreads up for sale. I'm wondering, where do they find these bedspreads? I'm constantly checking our thrift stores and antique shops but I never run across the "good stuff". Is it because I live in South Carolina or do these sellers have "connections"???

My business or as I call it ... "bib"ness has been booming lately - but I'm running low on certain spreads that I like to keep on hand. I was lucky enough to win an auction this afternoon on eBay for a Morgan Jones pink rosebud spread.. yeah :) I'll have to sell 6 bibs until I can start turning a profit - but the rosebud chenille is so girly.. it is a wonderful seller!

Oh to find a gingham Morgan Jones chenille spread.. pink & white, or blue & white.... ahhhhhhhhh - that would be a gold mine find.. maybe one day. If you happen to have one, like the 2nd picture, with either blue or pink checks.. let me know.. I would love to purchase it from you. These spreads are perfect for boy and girl patchwork chenille quilts.

Don't you just love the floral bib? It has been a wonderful seller but unfortunately this spread is about gone.. that is the down side of working with vintage chenille. I can't just run out to the fabric store to buy more - but then again.. it makes my items more unique. I just love creating vintage chenille bibs.

Be sure to take a peek at my Etsy Shoppe... I'm always adding "new" items, created from vintage finds.





No comments: